Waterloo Media seeks talented interns:
Waterloo Media is a cluster of eight radio stations in Austin, TX. The cluster consists of: ACL Radio (97.1), KLBJ-FM (93.7), 101X (101.5), ESPN (102.7), BOBFM (103.5), KLZT (107.1), Lucy (93.3) and KLBJ-AM (590 AM).
Waterloo Media offers challenging internship positions in several areas. Our internships offer real world experience and active, hands-on learning. Our goal is to help interns develop skills in areas of interest and network with staff throughout the company.
We accept intern applications year-round.
Internship Program Information:
The Waterloo Media internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about radio broadcasting and other areas within media.
Requirements: Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and must receive school credit – NO exceptions. Students must be 18 years. Minimum GPA of 2.0.
General Information: Internships are offered year round and coincide with school semesters. Interns work approximately 20 hours/week depending on school requirements. Flexible scheduling depending on department needs. All interns must comply with internship guidelines and are subject to applicable employee rules.
Application Procedures: Please send a cover letter, resume, and any work example(s) to: Nikki Watkins to request an intern packet. Refer to posting. Please specify internship choice and semester. Internship application can also be downloaded below:
Email applications to:
8309 N. IH-35
Austin, Tx 78753
Waterloo Media Internship Opportunities:
Following is a list of internship positions available at Waterloo Media. Internships offered vary from semester to semester based on department needs.
- Digital Content: Attend live shows and events in order to help create and deliver original content for all 8 of our web properties.
- Digital Sales: Assist in the day-to-day groundwork that goes into selling and executing online, mobile, and social media advertising for all station websites.
- Event Marketing Team: Working in a high-energy, fast paced environment assisting the Project Manager & Coordinators with events and custom marketing programs.
- Production (Bilingual): Learn how in-house productions are designed and executed; this includes voicing, writing, and dubbing commercials and promotional announcements. Interns will also learn how to ensure conformance of produced commercials with company policies and FCC regulations. Spanish fluency required.
- Programming/On-Air: Interns will work directly with the on-air staff producers to learn how an on-air show is produced. Learning objectives include audio editing, researching show content, managing social media, setting up equipment, and performing a few administrative tasks.
- The Morning X (101X)
- The FM Morning Show (KLBJ-FM)
- ACL-Radio (97.1 FM)
- BOB FM (KBPA)
- Reporter: Interns will work alongside KLBJ-AM News Reporters and learn how to develop live news updates for radio, web, and social media properties.
- Human Resources: Interns will work alongside the business department to learn all aspects for payroll, onboarding new employees, job postings, required FCC compliance for our industry and the day-to-day functions of the entire business office.